NNPHD has many forms of health education for individuals or groups of people. The health topics can cover almost any subject. Here are just a few examples of topics:
- types of diseases
- choosing the right foods for you to stay healthy
- best ways to take care of your baby or children
- how to take medicine correctly
- first aid for sunburns
- how to prevent accidents
- many, many more health education topics
- Helps people learn about their health.
- Inspires people to want to improve their health.
- Can be read in brochures and booklets.
- Is learned from watching films, videos, dvds, on tv or computers, or movie screens.
- Can mean listening to speakers who know a lot about health.
Health Education can be presented or taught by professionals trained and educated in the healthcare, public health or health education fields. Some of these professionals are doctors, nurses, pharmacists, many types of therapists, teachers and many others.